About Maker Faire Silver Spring:
Maker Faire Silver Spring: Maker Faire Silver Spring is a free, family-friendly event that brings together Makers of all types for a spectacular display of art, science, technology, craft and engineering. It is being presented by KID Museum, a new museum in Montgomery County dedicated to inspiring the next generation of innovators.
This “do-it-yourself” fair invites children and adults to participate in Maker projects and demonstrations, including:
- Experiment with 3D printers & vinyl cutters
- Design and make your own earrings and necklaces
- Use recycled materials to create new toys
- Explore what you can with robotics
- Make your own computer game
- And more!!
About Maker Faire:
Maker Faire is the Greatest Show (and Tell) on Earth—a family-friendly showcase of invention, creativity and resourcefulness, and a celebration of the Maker Movement. It’s a place where people show what they are making, and share what they are learning.
Makers range from tech enthusiasts to crafters to homesteaders to scientists to garage tinkerers. They are of all ages and backgrounds. The aim of Maker Faire is to entertain, inform, connect and grow this community.
The original Maker Faire event was held in San Mateo, CA and in 2016 celebrated its eleventh annual show with some 1300 makers and 150,000 people in attendance. World Maker Faire New York, the other flagship event, has grown in five years to 900+ makers and 90,000 attendees. Thirty-one larger scale Maker Faires occur in cities around the world—Detroit, Atlanta, Berlin, Paris, Rome, Tokyo, and Shenzhen to name a few— and over 150 community-driven, independently organized Mini Maker Faires are now being produced in the United States and in 34 other countries around the world.
About Make: Magazine:
Make: is the first magazine devoted entirely to Do-It-Yourself (DIY) technology projects. Make: unites, inspires, informs, and entertains a growing community of resourceful people who undertake amazing projects in their backyards, basements, and garages. Make: celebrates your right to tweak, hack, and bend any technology to your will. Download a free issue here.
Besides the magazine and the faire, Make: is:
- a vital online stream of news and projects, blog.makezine.com;
- a retail outlet for kits and books, the Maker Shed;
- a steady stream of fun and instruction via our YouTube channel;
- Make: Projects, a library of projects with step-by-step instruction;
- a publisher of best-in-category titles via Make: Books, including introductions to electronics, Raspberry Pi, 3D printing, Arduino and more.